Monday, September 23, 2013

The Canal





Don't you EVER go near the canal

you can die in about 5 seconds no matter how strong a swimmer you think you are
people die every year.

I had nightmares almost every night about getting sucked into the canal behind my house so I would never go within 10 feet of it, and if I ever saw anyone get near it I would run and grab the nearest adult and cry until the person left the canal.
Even after I moved across the country I still feared it, until I found out that they had paved over it.

and just like that my nightmares stopped

well....at least the ones about the canal
I still feared heights 
and bears
and killer land sharks
and dinosaurs 

But I was the cool fearless 2nd grader and pink is a stupid color
hopscotch is for weenies 
and I can ride my scooter like a boss

3rd grade I was the best two hand touch football player
but I never learned how to play patty cake 
or braid hair

I don't wish I was a girly girl 
hell I'm still awesome
but you know maybe I should have taken a peak into the canal



No comments:

Post a Comment