Thursday, September 5, 2013

smeagol and thunderstorms

When my brothers played fellowship of the ring they never let me play. 
so I became smeagol and followed them around trying to steal my plastic ring back from them


thunderstorms scared me so I would crawl under my bed with my 200 stuffed animals and cry
in fact most loud noises scared me, the garbage man, fireworks, and my parents fighting

the world was my canvas and each day I would create a new reality 
I became a pirate, a mermaid, an outlaw, and the sheriff (sometimes all in one day)


I went to sleep early and woke up as the sun was rising just to fight along side of the power rangers

There was no such thing as heartbreak (unless we ran out of ice cream) 
the worst pain I could feel was falling off my bike or roller blades 
If  I made a mistake I could grab a new piece of paper


Homework took 10 min then I could go join the game of baseball in my cul-d-sac until the street lamps came on and it was dinner time

Rain would mean indoor recess and board games
snow was snowmen and sledding
wind and kites

Santa couldn't come fast enough 
nap time sucked

all I wanted was to grow up
I did..would I be proud of who I am now?

4 comments:

  1. "There was no such thing as heartbreak (unless we ran out of ice cream)"--lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ totally agree...love that line so much. definitely one of my favorites.

    love this post. so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Sad and honest. Innocent, too.

    Perhaps the best title I've read tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa couldn't come fast enough
    nap time sucked

    loveit.

    ReplyDelete