Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Our Love Song Is Never On The Radio

We didn't fall in love the second we saw each other

We shared something special and I couldn't get you out of my head

I blamed it on puberty and tried to forget you, it worked for most of the summer
then school started again and I swear you went out of your way to run into me

You took me to the haunted circus and we made at least two kids pee their pants
I took you to see the lights at the temple and our group got lost because they wouldn't listen to me
even you said it was the wrong way
I was right.

When we shared our first kiss I was left breathless
The Christmas dance was truly magical
You asked me to officially be yours

We were unstoppable

until fear and doubt crept into my mind
I pushed you away and ran in the opposite direction
only to find that no matter where I would run
the path only brought me to you

Time passed and we fought each other
until
there were only
shreds
of us
left

I had given up on you.

I still loved you

I missed you
 Working together we slowly built back something more beautiful than
what we had before

We are as close as two people can be
You know all my secrets
I know all of yours

I'm not sure if it's love
but this is what I pray love feels like
being so comfortable with a person you dream about
sitting on a hammock just.... sitting

So here's to us....Being the best friend we could possibly be
Here's to our love song that's too powerful to be put on any radio sation
here's to the one a.m talks about the future
Here's to you putting up with me
here's to me for trusting you fully again

2 comments:

  1. "Our love song is never on the radio."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm not sure if it's love
    but this is what I pray love feels like
    being so comfortable with a person you dream about
    sitting on a hammock just.... sitting"

    hashtag stealing this because I feel the same way.

    Love the last bit...really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete